Monday, October 5, 2009

Marriage Decorations Less is more.

"What am I supposed to give Anthony as a marriage gift?" I asked Kristin, my bridesmaid and person-who-was-married. "I mean, what types of things do brides give their grooms? I was thinking about hiring somebody to wash the house before we left for the honeymoon so we'd come back to a spotless house. I wrote the final one the day before our marriage, capturing my feelings on the brink of our wedding. One of my mates writes kids's books and illustrates them, then gives them to her grandchildren on their birthdays. I have also "donated" private essays to anthologies, just so I could give the book as a present to the person the essay was about. A poem I wrote for my grandmama was made into a plaque by the James Lawrence Company. For my bridal shower, a family buddy gave me 2 books : one for Anthony, one for me. Having claimed this, nobody wants to spend a huge amount on wedding decorations that may very likely finish up in the rubbish can at the end of the day. Ideally, marriage decorations should follow the same theme that runs across the marriage day. You could be shocked by how many inventive folks you have as acquaintances and family ; ask around to determine if a number of these folks would be ready to help you create that special look.

If you can't find a buddy or relative to help out, then try the local university or art college as this could offer a dedicated, skilled yet inexpensive option. It's critical that you plan in advance, because the price of marriage decorations will usually be a ton less if you purchase them all together and not bit by bit. Massive bows, as an example, make glorious decorations for chairs in both the occassion and the reception location. Here's plenty more articles on eiffel tower vases. As a center piece, why not have a glass bowl with some small stones and a floating candle. Write your own love, starring you and your serious other, as an anniversary present. It's fantastic to find that strangers enjoy your printed words, but it can be even nicer to realize that your words can light up your youngsters's eyes, or your better half's, or your oldsters'. A gift of your talent and your heart is generous, and more pointed than anything you might get at the local mega-mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment